What is Finance Lease?
Finance Lease is a credit agreement most usually chosen by business customers including limited companies, partnerships, and sole traders. Essentially, Finance leasing enables the business to acquire the assets needed to maintain a business, without needing to buy the asset outright.
Benefits of Leasing:
- Finance Leases offer flexibility in terms of length of agreement, rental repayment profile and end of lease options.
- Unlike making an outright purchase, you will retain cash within your business.
- Effective financial planning. The lease repayment profile gives you confidence in being able to budget for the lifetime of the asset.
- Tax advantages
- Using the latest assets will ensure you remain competitive by keeping your costs low.
- Fast turnaround times
- Potential to carry on using the asset at the end of the lease period for a nominal payment, or you can look to upgrade the equipment with another lease.
Things to be mindful of:
- The agreement is secured against the asset.
- Non-payment could negatively affect the credit rating of the business and the guarantor. If you default on payments, the lender may recover the asset..