If you’ve started thinking about whether an electric car might be right for you, you probably have lots of questions. If you’ve never driven electric before, you might be wondering about the day-to-day practicalities of owning an electric car. And with the formal announcement expected soon to bring forward the ban on the sale of new petrol and diesel-fuelled cars to 2030 – five years earlier than previously planned, this is a subject that many are talking about right now.
So to help our customers make an informed decision we decided to put electric cars to the test and answer some of the most frequently asked questions with the help of Motoring journalist, Andy Russell.
Andy Russell has more than 30 years of experience as a motoring journalist, editor and content provider, for both print and online, and has driven around 2,000 new cars. He has seen huge changes in the automotive world and is particularly interested in new technology and excited about the advent of electric vehicles, having driven his first electrified car at the start of the new millennium. He is also a keen, and hardy, all-year motorbike rider and has passed both advanced car and motorcycle tests.
So, if you are thinking about going electric for your next car but not sure whether to take the plunge, then this video could give you the answers you need!
We cover a range of questions, including some of the main topics:
- What is an electrified vehicle?
- Why are pure electric vehicles becoming more popular?
- How far can an electric vehicle travel on a single charge?
- How long does it take to charge an electric vehicle?
- How much does it cost to charge an electric vehicle?
- How long do the batteries last?
- Some electric vehicles are based on traditional petrol and diesel models. Do they differ apart from the power source?
If you would like further information or you would like us to help you with a finance quotation on an electric car then please get in touch on 01603 381955 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org